Integrated Community Development Initiative (ICDI) founded in December 2005. To undertake various projects with the aim to work for the welfare and benefit of poor communities living in rural & Urban areas, of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa so as to improve their overall living condition and quality of life.
ICDI also works to helps women, children and the community at large, by applying a two-way approach providing healthcare and educational opportunities to help under privileged communities obtain great socio-economic access and thereby building stronger communities. We need your support to continue to bring our services to those whom we reach out to everyday. Its Program Coordination Office is based in Peshawar. Institutional donors of ICDI are Action Aid, MISEREOR (CHIP), WHO & UNICEF. All the projects are based on the principles of community participation and activities largely revolve around community awareness on several issues; ensuring participation through involving the devolved structure, school teachers’ training in child-to-child approach for promotion of awareness in social sector.
ICDI works with a mandate that include the community development, Primary and Reproductive Health, Child Protection, Nutrition, Gender and Women Violence, rural development, Emergency Relief and Disaster Management, by providing opportunities for responsible and generous persons to assist under-developed sectors in Pakistan, helping to alleviate poverty, illiteracy and poor health condition.
We envision a society with all socio-economic privileges and human development for every stakeholder, leading to prosperity with protection and promotion of all the civil, social and cultural rights for all, especially women.
An environment opens for development opportunities for all, without any discrimination to caste, creed and distinction of gender.
• Respect for human dignity
• Co operation
• Accountability and Transparency
• Trust and Commitment
• Creativity and Equity
- To promote building of civil society organizations to develop pool of technical human resources at all levels for collective and self sustaining initiatives.
- To contribute in sustainable community based gender sensitive development by empowering communities, especially women segment of the society.
- To enable the poor and underprivileged women & girls to play their vital role in improving the socio-economic conditions in the area of interventions.
- Cross Cutting Themes
- Gender equality
- Child and youth rights
- Inter-Faith Harmony
- Stakeholder participation
- Advocacy, Networking and linkages