ICDI with the support of Action Aid Pakistan & CHIP has successfully implementing short term projects on primary & Reproductive health care.
- 38 community health workers from rural and urban communities trained in year 2008,li>
- Health Hygiene sessions with women and children in 4 urban slum Christian communities and 4 rural villages of UC Gari Shardad Warsak Road Peshawar KPK
- More than 300 women and girls were educated on health & hygiene practices in 4 rural and 4 urban areas of District Peshawar
- Sensitize 300 pregnant a lactating mothers on birth spacing through Counseling sessions in urban & rural communities
Health & Hygiene Promotion Sessions
ICDI with the support of (CHIP) on behalf of MISEREOR conducted health & Hygiene sessions with 1500 women in 6UCs of District Charsadda, Nowshera and Peshawar. ICDI distributed 1700 family hygiene kits among the affected families.
Nutrition & Breast feeding Sessions Health & Hygiene Promotion Sessions
Breast feeding and supplementary food demonstration sessions were conducted with pregnant and lactating mothers in 4 UCs of District Charsadda, Nowshera and Peshawar. 560 pregnant and lactating mothers participated in these sessions. Folic acid, Multivitamins and 580 nutritional food packages were distributed among pregnant and lactating mothers.
ICDI established 2 adult literacy centers for women and girls in Christian communities in urban areas of District Peshawar. ICDI conducted many activities with collaboration and support of Action Aid & Global Call to Action against Poverty(GCAP Pakistan) regarding education promotion and education rights
Celebration of Universal Children’s Day
Universal Children’s Day was organized by ICDI with collaboration with Action Aid. Where more then 300 participants including school going and out going schools children, Teachers, Principals, parents and civil society representatives from Khyber agency (FATA) Swabi, Peshawar, Mardan and Nowshera were participated.
Celebration of Education Week
GCAP-Pakistan is an active coalition comprising of civil society organizations, NGOs, CBOs, networks, teachers & students associations, trade unions, clerk and labor federations, journalists and lawyers councils, etc. working across the country.
ICDI on behalf of GCAP Pakistan organized Provincial Meeting Khyber Pukhtunkhwa Chapter in April, 2010. 45 participants including department of Health, Education, CSOs, NGOs, teachers, students, and religious leaders participated and join hands together for to finish the poverty not the poor’s.
GCAP Conference on Budget for Education:
The conference was held with the collaboration of Global Call to Action against Poverty on May 10, 2010. In this conference more then 150 participants including Education ministry, CSOs, NGOs, Students, Teachers, Community representatives and electronic and print media participated. Mr. Sardar Hussain Babak (Education Minister) was the chief Guest of this conference the aim was to remind and sensitize the Ministry of Education, CSOs, NGOs, Teachers, Students and media representative to play their vital role in shaping out the budget for the fiscal year 2009-10
Life Skill Based Education
LSBE sessions were conducted in 4 private and 4 communities based adult literacy centers of district Peshawar. It is a personality development program which empower youth with core skills, knowledge and attitude to help them
- Sensitize more then 500 girls students from (3) private and 3 community based literacy centers through awareness raising Sessions on Life Skill Based Education
Gender, Women rights & Violence against Women,To Break the Silence against Women Violence
Integrated Community Development Initiative (ICDI) has successfully implemented Action Aid funded project on Women rights and violence against women in 2 rural & 2 urban communities of district Peshawar Khyber Pukhtunkhawa.
- ICDI sensitized more then 1200 women and girls on women rights and violence against women through awareness raising sessions, capacity building, FGDs & seminars in rural and urban areas of district Peshawar
- 8 women support groups formed in (4 urban & 4 rural ) area of Dist. Peshawar to support the women and raise the women related issues
- Trained 30 women and girls from rural and urban area including women organization representatives , community teachers and youth representatives on Gender and women rights, violence against women and psycho-social counseling & mediation technique
- Sensitized 600 adolescent girls through awareness raising sessions on women rights & violence against women in 4 private high schools of District Peshawar
- More then 800 women and girls participated in motivation Campaign activities through (Walks, Interactive theater) on women rights & violence against women.
Genders And Women Rights
ICDI with the support of Action Aid Pakistan established 2 vocational skills centers for women and girls in Village Kochian warsak Road and Ghore Ghatri minority community in Urban
- 120 women and girls from Urban & Rural area were trained on vocational skills
- 500 women and girls benefited from the vocational skill centers and now able to support their families.
ICDI works to helps women, children and the community at large, by applying a two-way approach providing healthcare and educational opportunities to help under privileged communities obtain great socio-economic access and thereby building stronger communities.
House No. 4 Street No. 1, Near New Buraq Education System,
Tambuwan Stop, University Road, Peshawar. P.O. Box: 25000 – Pakistan.
+92 (0)91 584 2744